Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July in Tahoe

July 4-6th

We went to Tahoe for the 4th of July! We had a fun time up there! I did my very first 'real' hike at Squaw Valley! It was really rocky and I had to climb over and around big rocks and tree roots but I did a pretty good job! We got to see some small water falls, lots of tall trees, lots of doggies ( who were hiking up there too) and some butterflies flying around! We didn't get too far up the hill, but I thought it was far enough. We took a break and had some sandwiches! The way down was a bit more challenging but I figured out how to sit down and slide down on my bottom to get down the rocks! Mommy and Daddy thought I did a really good job and even though I asked to be carried down the hill, I ended up doing the whole thing by myself! Kiley was a good girl the whole time too and didn't complain or fuss about being in the back pack the whole time! I think she actually really liked being in there!

My 4th of July hat I made at school
Ready for our hike!




Kiley full of smiles!
Don't want to forget my lunch!

At the small waterfall
Another small waterfall

Lunch time!
Keeping hydrated!


Look how long my arms are!
Wow! Look how tall this tree is!

Sliding down the rocks!
The next day we went to the beach! It was a really nice day there and although the water was a little cold, it wasn't too bad once you got in! It was really nice too because it stayed shallow really far out so it kept the water warmer and there weren't very many waves! This was the first time I actually got brave enough to go INTO the water or actually let the water touch me! I ended up having a lot of fun playing in the water, the sand and building sand castles!! Kiley had fun too although she had to stay on the beach mat most of the time! She did try eating the sand a couple of times and learned that it wasn't too tasty!

At the beach
Kiley hanging out

Mommy and Kiley
Me and Mommy

Cheese!
In the water!!

Having fun!
Later that day we went to the Rec Center at Northstar! They have a really neat facility with lots of things for kids! We had a lot of fun playing in the pool, on the playyard and in the arcade!

Eating shave ice!
Swimming!



No comments:

Post a Comment